We often focus on preventive checkups so that cavities can be diagnosed band treated at an early stage. Cavity in between the teeth is not visible by the patient and often delay in seeking treatment occurs. The bigger the cavity, the more difficult it is to restore it as more tooth structure is lost due to the decay.
Hence preventive check-up and regular maintenance is the key to healthy teeth.
- Brush twice a day for 2 minutes.
- Change your brush every 2-3 months.
- If the bristles of your brush flare up early, you are applying too much force while brushing.
- Don’t be aggressive, as it will lead to loss of enamel called abrasion.
- Use a medium toothbrush unless indicated to use a soft brush.
- Rinse your mouth after every meal and especially after consuming sweet food.
- Use a medicated mouthwash if you suffer from bleeding gums.
Wish you a lifetime of smiles and happiness.
Dr. Bharti Tomar